mercoledì 3 settembre 2014

Dawn Of Eternity - Interview

Dawn Of Eternity are a female fronted melodic goth metal band from Germany.
Their new album 'Guilty' has been released on the 22nd March 2014!

LFdM: You were born in 2010, it took almost four years to come up with a new release, quite a long time. What's the story behind "Guilty"?
DoE: In 2010 Sara and Johannes were still operating in their hometown that is quite a small town; we had no bass player, and didn't really come forward with the project. Also we both started university and moved to Nuremberg. So we sort of had to start from 0 again. Looking for a new Drummer a practise room and a Bass player. Also we changed our style and modificated most of the Songs. In 2013 we played a show with  the band Amorticure, it was our third show,  they were building a label at this time, room4Records, and they asked us to do an album so we said yes and a few hard months later we had the release. They mastered the album and helped us out a lot.

LFdM: Sara, who or what made you want to become a singer anyway?
Basicly I've been singing for all of my life. My mother put me into a choir before I could even read the lyrics on the sheets  and somehow I stayed there (I guess I was afraid where she'd put me if I wouldn't want to stay there,  because at that time I didn't realize what I was supposed to do there xD). So this has always been a part of my life. For me singing gives me a lot whether in pain or in happiness it simply heals and gives a lot of freedom. At the age of 15 I realized that there is a way for female singers to do music beyond Britney Spears and all this teeny stuff so I got fascinated of that idea and searched for a band and found Johannes.

LFdM: What kind of contamination had your sound so far?
DoE: Evanescence of course, what was sort of the first Idea we had of our kind of music.
Then there is always what we are listening to at the particular time: there is a lot of In Flames , Iron Maiden, My Dying Bride, Tarja, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Deadlock, and also a big variety of smaller influences.

LFdM: Do you think that is important  to classify your music into a certain genre or this hurts for the promotion and attract a new audience?
DoE: There are always two sides of the medal, for bookers and business people it comes in quite handy to have a quick identification of the genre, to specify the music without further work to it.
Personally we think that you can't really press any music into just one genre, also we don't care to much about specified boardes, because it is art and art is there to create.

LFdM: The beauty and the beast... beautiful  voice and heavy growls, tell us about Dawn Of Eternity?
DoE: We didn't start with a specific idea of our music, the way it is now it just came with time. The growling idea was born when Johannes realized that he can't really sing. Also it is a good contrast that transports a lot of energy. Also it is a moving process that always changes what you will hear in the next album

LFdM: If you could choose a great band, whom would you choose to make up the perfect tour?
Sara: Slipknot/Evanescence
Johannes: My Dying Bride
Sebastian: Slayer
Torsten: In Flames

LFdM: Thank you guys! 

Official Link: Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Members:
Sara Seubert - Vocals & Piano
Johannes Kittel - Guitar/shouts
Sebastian Kupfer - Bass
Torsten Ossowicki - Drums


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento